Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 12 February 2016

Cute little birdies.....

Here's a cute new punch from Fiskars - the Intricate Shape little bird....and a card made with them, I love the way the shapes look inquisitive!



So we had a power cut. It was bizarre - the only electricity in the house was the oven which carried on cooking our dinner. So we had to find torches, candles and leave the oven on just for the internal oven light to eat our supper. Mike was about to light the large candle that lives on the dining table, and jumped when I shrieked 'not that one, that candle is not for burning!'.........well, it's the perfect colour for the dining room and was the result of a week long trawl around various shops to find the perfect match. 

Funny, he didn't understand it at all. Just didn't get it. 'But why is it here if we can't light it?' 

Sometimes men can be so insensitive! The finer points of interior design just floats right over their heads.....any woman would get it in a heartbeat. 
But thank goodness for the design challenged males in our lives. Happy Valentines Day everyone x

15 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your candle lit dinner Enfys! Beautiful card - love those birdies......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card Enfys.
    I hate when the electric goes out for whatever the reason.
    But you did get a candlelit dinner from it.
    To some a candle is a candle made for burning.....some just don't seem to understand that some are merely made for how pretty they are and how they decorate a room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Mike, but he will know for the next time lol. We had a brown out this week! Your card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had an unexpected romantic dinner! ;-) I know what you mean though about not lighting special candles.

    Lovely card. I love the bird punch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those birds - they make such a pretty card! Did smile about the candle! I definitely get it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Enfys - what a sweet punch.
    Men! They just don't 'get' candles; do they.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoyed your dinner Enfys not a good time for the power to go off but with the candles l'm sure it was romantic....lol your card is so adorable l love the birds x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! :) very true about men.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you colored the pair of birds, they are so pretty. I would love to have a candle lit dinner, but not with the special candle that makes the dining room complete!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, I'm one of the lucky ones who's man learned that lesson early on. Now he'll ask, 'Is this candle for burning? Or Can I use these towels?' When proded, I know how women are about this or that. Many thanks to his mom and first wife! Adorable little birds, do you know where I can find them in the us? The big hugs, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, love those birds. True about men.
    hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card/birds! Love the candle story, I have the same dilemma at times...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha ha! We've got to love our guys! Speaking of love, I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the coloring on your card! I just had to laugh at the candle story. I can imagine that same scene at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute card !! I could almost hear the birds making a sound ! :) Love the candle story ! So true ! :)
    Anna N.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x