Home Tutorials About Me Video's Cards for Sale

Friday 14 October 2016

Autumn Leaves

Here's one I had fun making, I punched the Fiskars intricate shape leaf out of card, and used the negative space as a stencil.....




I cut three layers of card, each one 1/2" smaller than the one below and stacked these together with some repositionable glue, then temporarily stuck the stack to my card front. Then, using my home made stencil. I inked some leaves all around the edges, making sure I inked over all the layers...



I separated the layers by adding a mat of orange card behind each layer. The sentiment is by Woodware


Today saw me chase around trying to match up a navy blue paint, a dozen tester pots later and I think I have finally hit on the right colour. Who knew there could be so many shades of navy. Some looked purple, others had a definite teal hue and some dried looking more like a cornflower blue. I do find the process of getting paints mixed fascinating though - you know the drill, they take a can of white paint, the machine squirts random blobs of red, black etc etc into this, and another machine shakes it all about while you have a nice chat with the very helpful fellow who is helping you. Then voila, like magic, out comes a tin of navy blue paint. I wonder if the computer that doles out the colour additives ever crashes/freezes/acts like every other computer in the world by throwing a wobbly - knowing my luck with computers, I'm surprised my navy blue didn't come out as a hot pink. But the decorator comes tomorrow to paint a couple of external doors, so we shall see...

We have friends from Yorkshire coming to stay for a few days, so time to spruce up the house and do a bit of food shopping, see you tomorrow x 

8 comments:

  1. Good Morning Enfys! Thank you for starting my day off with a smile and your insight on mixing paint.

    I love your card and you've given me some mojo to get my act together. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your leaf card, and I need to try this technique! Paint mixing is fun to watch, and I hope that you enjoy your new color. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely Autumn card Enfys.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Enfyn this is amazing l just love how you have stamped the stamps punched them out and placed on the card layering it too! beautiful as always and so creative x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my ... this card is absolutely stunning. The perfect autumn card, and for us here in the States, it makes a beautiful Thanksgiving card too. Now if I could just find that lovely punch somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the fall leaves all inky blended, and the awesome layers with "blanks" in between!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous card! Such a fab idea to stencil over the layers like you did, so effective! I am glad you got your navy paint sorted - hot pink doors would be pretty wow! wouldn't they! Tee hee! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented, Enfyn!!! I love Fall time too. Beautiful cards!!!!!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thank you for taking the time
Enfys x